Predictive maintenance on the basis of measurements
Predictive maintenance is a type of preventive maintenance that is performed before a problem or failure actually occurs. In order for you to be able to perform predictive maintenance, measurements have to be carried out at regular intervals to determine the condition of your machine. As a result, you will be able to diagnose your machine's state. You will know if it is deteriorating and when to expect a failure.
Using the results of the measurements, you can plan which maintenance action should be executed to ensure maximum availability of the equipment.
Condition Based Maintenance is mostly based on:
- vibration measurements
- thermal cameras and temperature measurements
- pressure measurements
- oil analysis
- mechanical tests
Manage your maintenance and achieve more
Condition Based Monitoring enables you to achieve a number of objectives:
- Prioritize the maintenance work to be performed
- Optimize maintenance resources
- Perform only the right maintenance work
- Reduce maintenance costs based on time spent and used spare parts
- Optimize equipment reliability
- Reduce the negative impact of maintenance work
Human error or unnecessary work on machines can decrease equipment performance rather than increase it.
Take the following aspects into account
Devices to evaluate equipment condition cost money. This means that you have to consider for which equipment the cost is reasonable.
The devices also need maintenance which means that they will generate maintenance costs themselves, apart from the initial cost.
When you start with CBM and thus plan less periodic maintenance, the maintenance costs will follow a time pattern that is less strict. You should bear this in mind when budgeting your maintenance costs.
Rimses supports your Condition Based Maintenance
- You want scheduling and collection of measurements to be organized. Rimses will help you not to forget a single measurement. You can oblige the user to record measurements on work orders. You can also periodically generate work orders for the execution of measurements.
- You can provide your checklists for inspection rounds with tasks for executing and recording measurements.
- You can link measurement points to your equipment and determine which action (alert, work request or work order) should be automatically generated when recording a specific measurement.
You can also determine the allowed deviation from a standard measurement value before an action is generated.
With Rimses Interface you can interface measurements that are read out by PLCs with Rimses.